Handcrafted Kato Yoshimi R2/SG2 petty with a Tsuchime (hand hammered) finish, and an equally special limited edition hand-crafted desert ironwood handle made by the renowned Japanese knife handle maker Sadao Nishihara.
- Origin: Echizen, Fukui Prefecture
- Craftsman: Mr. Yoshimi Kato
- Knife Type: Petty
- Steel Type: R2/SG2
- Blade Finish: Tsuchime (Hand hammered)
- Hardness Level: 63
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 135mm (5.3")
- Blade Height (at heel): 32.2mm
- Blade Thickness (at heel): 2.1mm
- Handle Type: Western
- Handle Material: Desert Ironwood
- Handle Craftsman: Sadao Nishihara
- Weight: 118g (4.16oz)
- Hand chiselled mark: In Japanese Kanji "Echizen Forged Knife" (越前打刃物)
- Comes in a Yoshimi/Echizen box
About Kato Yoshimi 加藤 義実
Yoshimi Kato (Yoshimi Katou) is a renowned blacksmith in Fukui Prefecture. In pursuit of forging technology, he has followed his father Hiroshi Kato for years making every effort to produce sharp and easy-to-use knives, before taking over the family business. His knives are highly valued in Japan.
About Sadao Nishihara 西原 定男
Sadao Nishihara is a renowned knife handle maker in Japan. His wood handles, using finest quality ironwood, birch wood or cherry wood, have known to be one of the most ergonomic and beautifully crafted knife handles in Japan. Mr. Sadao, aged over 80, has now retired, and have been making a very limited small number of handles each year for Kato Yoshimi due to their close relationship. His handle makes this knife a highly collectable and sought after item.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.