This Zanmai "Hybrid Splash" petty has a unique and sophisticated 33 layers Damascus patterned cladding. The thin spine and beautiful thin grind combined with VG10 core steel, gives the knife laser-like cutting performance. The unique hexagonal pakkawood handle with nickel silver kuchiwa showcases Zanmai's refined production qualities - a result of merging Seki's blade making tradition with innovative technologies. The signature Zanmai fit and finish can be seen all over this knife, from beautiful mother of pearl inlay to the finely polished spine and choil. The core steel is mirror polished, and the damascus pattern on jigane is more elaborate compared with Zanmai's other damascus series, with light etching to enhance the contrast of the pattern.
- Origin (Made in): Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Mcusta Zanmai
- Model No.: HZ2-3000DS / HZ2-3001DS / HZ2-3002DS
- Knife Type: Petty
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): VG10
- Jigane (Cladding): Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Blade Finishes:
- Light Kurosome
- Kyomen (Mirror)
- Blade Length: 90mm (3.5") / 110mm (4.3") / 150mm (5.9")
- Blade Height (at heel): 25mm / 26mm / 29mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 1.7mm / 1.7mm / 1.7mm
- Middle: 1.4mm / 1.5mm / 1.5mm
- Shape: Rokkaku (Hexagonal)
- Material: Black Pakkawood with inlaid mother of pearl
- Kuchiwa: Nickel Silver
- Length: 115mm / 115mm / 115mm
- Overall Length: 215mm / 235mm / 274mm
- Weight: 77g (2.72oz) / 80g (2.82oz) / 87g (3.07oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Zanmai" (三昧) ; Mcusta Zanmai logo ; "33 Layers VG10 Damascus Steel" ; "Made in Japan"
About Mcusta Zanmai 三昧
Mcusta Zanmai is based in Seki City of Japan, a town with over 800 years of swordsmithing history. While embracing Seki's blade making traditions, Zanmai is also bringing innovative technologies such as CNC machine and laser cutting into the workshop, making the brand a rare and seamless integration of craftsman traditions and modern technologies. Zanmai knives have unique handles that not only pay homage to traditional Wa handle design, but also brining innovations such as high temperature compressed layers of natural Pakkawood to create polished and strong handles. Zanmai's laser cutting of VG10 steel produces high precision finish on monosteel blades. Mcusta craftsmen finish each knife on Japanese Waterstones to give their knives refined looks.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethylene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.