The Zanmai Hybrid VG10 Petty has a double-sided blade made of 100% solid Japanese VG10 steel. The thin profile of the Zanmai means the knife has a lighter handling and is a great utility knife in the kitchen. Zanmai knives have beautiful polish and unique finish, a result of merging Seki's blade making tradition with innovative technologies.
- Origin: Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Knife Type: Petty
- Steel Type: VG10 Monosteel
- Hardness Level: 59-60
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 110mm (4.3")
- Blade Height (at heel): 45mm / 49mm / 54mm
- Handle Material: Pekka Wood (Octagonal Style) with inlaid mother of pearl
- Ferrule/Kuchiwa Material: Nickel Silver
- Handle Length: 125mm
- Weight: 81g (2.85oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "三昧" and Mcusta Zanmai logo "VG10 Steel" and "Made in Japan"
About Mcusta Zanmai 三昧
Mcusta Zanmai is based in Seki City of Japan, a town with over 800 years of swordsmithing history. While embracing Seki's blade making traditions, Zanmai is also bringing innovative technologies such as CNC machine and laser cutting into the workshop, making the brand a rare and seamless integration of craftsman traditions and modern technologies. Zanmai knives have unique handles that not only pay homage to traditional Wa handle design, but also brining innovations such as high temperature compressed layers of natural Pekka wood to create polished and strong handles. Zanmai's laser cutting of VG10 steel produces high precision finish on monosteel blades. Mcusta craftsmen finish each knife on Japanese Waterstones to give their knives refined looks.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.