The Zanmai Supreme H series is known for its extremely refined polish including a mirror polished 33 layer Damascus with Tsuchime finish, and a luxury handle made out pressed and laminated red Pekka wood with a phenol resin coating for superb handling and robustness. The thin profile of the Zanmai means the knife has a lighter handling and is a superb slicer knife in the kitchen. Zanmai knives have beautiful polish and unique finish, a result of merging Seki's blade making tradition with innovative technologies.
- Origin: Seki, Gifu Prefecture, Japan
- Artisan: Marusho
- Knife Type: Sujihiki
- Steel Type: VG10, with 32 layers of SUS410 Damascus cladding
- Blade Construction: San Mai
- Damascus Finish: Mirror Finish
- Additional Polish: Tsuchime (Hand hammered) Finish
- Hardness Level: 60
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 240mm (9.4") or 270mm (10.6")
- Blade Height (at heel): 36mm
- Handle Material: Dark Red Pekka Wood
- Handle Length: 145mm / 148mm
- Weight: 155g (5.46oz) / 195g (6.87oz)
- Rear end of the handle: Zanmai logo engraved on stainless steel
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "三昧" and Mcusta Zanmai logo , Kanji "槌目(Tsuchime)" and "33 Layers VG10 Damascus Steel" and "Made in Japan"
About Mcusta Zanmai 三昧
Mcusta Zanmai is based in Seki City of Japan, a town with over 800 years of swordsmithing history. While embracing Seki's blade making traditions, Zanmai is also bringing innovative technologies such as CNC machine and laser cutting into the workshop, making the brand a rare and seamless integration of craftsman traditions and modern technologies. Zanmai knives have unique handles that not only pay homage to traditional Wa handle design, but also brining innovations such as high temperature compressed layers of natural Pekka wood to create polished and strong handles. Zanmai's laser cutting of VG10 steel produces high precision finish on monosteel blades. Mcusta craftsmen finish each knife on Japanese Waterstones to give their knives refined looks.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.