Limited production of handcrafted R2 Black Damascus kiritsuke knife by renowned Japanese knife making master Takeshi Saji.
- Origin: Echizen-Takefu, Fukui Prefecture
- Craftsman: Mr. Takeshi Saji
- Knife Type: Kiritsuke Gyuto
- Steel Type: R2/SG2 Damascus
- Damascus Finish: Diamond Finish
- Hardness Level: 64
- Damascus Finish: Kurosome (Etched Black)
- Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
- Blade Length: 210mm (8.2") / 240mm (9.4")
- Blade Height (at heel): 49mm / 49mm
- Blade Thickness (above heel): 2mm / 2mm
- Custom Premium Handle
- Handle Material: Ebony
- Kuchiwa Material: Buffalo Horn (Black or White)
- Handle Length: 123mm / 143mm
- Weight: 180g (6.34oz) / 205g (7.23oz)
- Hand chiselled mark: In Japanese Kanji "By Saji"
- Comes in a Saji wood box.
About Takeshi Saji 佐治 武士
Master Saji is the third generation blacksmith of Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture, who has been certified as a traditional knife craftsman at the age of 44. Now in his 70s, with over 30 years of experience in making handcrafted knives, Master Saji makes breathtakingly beautiful Damascus knives, which often paired with unique custom handles such as handcrafted iron wood handles. Having became a legend in hunting knife making, Master Saji has a unique eye for fine finish, and he's also innovating constantly by brining new looks to knives.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.