Limited production of handcrafted R2 Damascus kiritsuke knife by renowned Japanese knife making master Takeshi Saji.
- Origin (Made in): Echizen-Takefu, Fukui Prefecture, Japan
- Craftsman: Takeshi Saji
- Knife Type: Kiritsuke Gyuto
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): R2/SG2
- Jigane (Cladding): Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 63 HRC
- Hand-forged, hand-grinded, hand-sharpened
- Blade Finishes: Diamond Damascus
- Blade Length: 270mm (10.6")
- Blade Height (at heel): 52mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 2.0mm
- Middle: 1.8mm
- Premium Custom Handle
- Shape: Hachikaku (Octagonal)
- Material: Ebony
- Kuchiwa: Black Buffalo Horn with Red Ring
- Length: 144mm
- Overall Length: 430mm
- Weight: 224g (6.88oz)
- Hand Chiseled Mark: In Japanese Kanji "By Saji" (佐治作)
- Comes in a Saji Wooden box
About Takeshi Saji 佐治 武士
Master Saji is the third generation blacksmith of Takefu City, Fukui Prefecture, who has been certified as a traditional knife craftsman at the age of 44. Now in his 70s, with over 30 years of experience in making handcrafted knives, Master Saji makes breathtakingly beautiful Damascus knives, which often paired with unique custom handles such as handcrafted iron wood handles. Having became a legend in hunting knife making, Master Saji has a unique eye for fine finish, and he's also innovating constantly by brining new looks to knives.
Wash and dry with soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.