This Petty knife uses VG10 as core steel, clad by 13-chrome stainless steel, it has achieved both professional sharpness, easy maintenance and superb affordability. It comes with a handle that's completely made of 18-8 stainless steel, which ensures maximum cleanliness and hygiene. The "Tornado" pattern provides a better grip and prevents wet or greasy hands from slipping off.
- Origin (Made in): Tsubame, Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Tojiro
- Model No.: F-844 / F-884
- Knife Type: Petty
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): VG10
- Jigane (Cladding): 13 Chrome Stainless Steel
- Hardness: 59-60 HRC
- Blade Length: 90mm (3.5") / 150mm (5.9")
- Blade Height (at heel): 24mm / 28mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 1.8mm / 1.8mm
- Middle: 1.5mm / 1.6mm
- Shape: Western-shaped
- Material: 18-8 Stainless Steel
- Pattern: Tornado
- Length: 105mm / 105mm
- Overall Length: 205mm / 258mm
- Weight: 65g (2.29oz) / 80g (2.82oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Tojiro" (藤次郎) ; "DP Made in Japan”
About Tojiro 藤次郎
Tojiro is the leading knife manufacturer in Tsubame-Sanjo, an area with a few centuries of knife making tradition. The finish and quantity of their products are quite remarkable despite being very affordable. Established over 50 years ago, Tojiro combine modern technologies and traditional craftsman methodologies, and is a pioneer of stainless steel knives in Japan. Their philosophy is to improve efficiency with machines while respecting traditions when it comes to quality and finish.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.