- Origin (Made in): Tsubame-Sanjo, Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Tojiro
- Model No: F-1115 / F-1116
- Knife Type:
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): VG10
- Jigane (Cladding): 13 Chrome Stainless Steel (Clear coating)
- Hardness: 60-61 HRC
- Blade Finishes:
- Tsuchime (Hammered)
- Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 210mm (8.3") / 240mm (9.4")
- Blade Height (at heel): 45mm / 50mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 2.2mm / 2.2mm
- Middle: 2.1mm / 2.1mm
- Shape: Marushinogi (D-shaped)
- Material: Japanese Magnolia (Ho Wood)
- Kuchiwa: Resin
- Length: 130mm / 140mm
- Overall Length: 348mm / 386mm
- Weight: 130g (4.59oz) / 172g (6.07oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Tojiro" (藤次郎) ; "DP Made in Japan"
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.