This Nakiri from Tojiro combines tradition of Kurouchi and Tsuchime finishes with innovative clear coating. VG10 as core steel, clad by 13-chrome stainless steel, it has achieved both professional sharpness and easy maintenance. With a good level of fit and finish, VG10 core steel, this Nakiri offers great values at this price range.
- Origin (Made in): Tsubame-Sanjo, Niigata Prefecture, Japan
- Brand: Tojiro
- Model No: F-1113
- Knife Type: Nakiri
- Construction: San Mai
- Grind: Double-edged Blade (50/50 Grind)
- Hagane (Core Steel): VG10
- Jigane (Cladding): 13 Chrome Stainless Steel (Clear coating)
- Hardness: 60-61 HRC
- Blade Finishes:
- Tsuchime (Hammered)
- Kasumi Polish
- Blade Length: 165mm (6.5")
- Blade Height (at heel): 51mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 2.2mm
- Middle: 2.1mm
- Shape: Marushinogi (D-shaped)
- Material: Japanese Magnolia (Ho Wood)
- Kuchiwa: Resin
- Length: 126mm
- Overall Length: 298mm
- Weight: 165g (5.82oz)
- Mark: In Japanese Kanji "Tojiro" (藤次郎) ; "DP Made in Japan"
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.