The Sakai Takayuki "Sho-Ryo" (昇竜) yanagiba is hand-forged with entirely VG10 stainless steel, having gone through the Honyaki process, and Takayuki's superb grinding and sharpening. Fitted with a hachikaku (octagonal) dense wenge wood handle with buffalo horn, this knife comes with a matching high-end saya by Takayuki made with the same wenge wood.
- Origin (Made in): Sakai, Japan
- Brand: Sakai Takayuki
- Knife Type: Yanagiba
- Construction: Monosteel
- Grind: Single Bevel (Right-handed)
- Hagane: VG10 (Honyaki Treated)
- Hardness: 60 HRC
- Hand-forged, hand-grinded, hand-sharpened
- Blade Length: 270mm (10.6")
- Blade Height (at heel): 32mm
- Spine Thickness
- Above heel: 3.9mm
- Middle: 3.6mm
- Premium Custom Handle
- Shape: Hachikaku (Octagonal)
- Material: Wenge
- Kuchiwa: Black Buffalo Horn
- Length: 144mm
- Overall Length: 417mm
- Weight: 205g (7.23oz)
- Mark: A Dragon ; In Japanese Kanji "Trademark Sakai Takayuki " (登録 堺孝行) ; "VG-10 Honyaki Takayuki"
- Includes Custom fitted Wenge Saya with Hand Chiseled Mark In Japanese Kanji "Sakai Takayuki" (堺孝行)
About Sakai Takayuki 堺 孝行
Sakai Takayuki is Sakai's top knife maker and artisan workshop. Japan's Sakai region has a knife making history of 600 years. Among these knife makers, Sakai Takayuki is a representative of Sakai's long history of making blades. The quality of the finish and details of the forging technique are handed down over generations of fine craftsmen. Today Sakai Takayuki is sold to over 100 countries around the world. Their uncompromising knife making passion has attracted passionate customers beyond the border of Japan.
Wash and dry with a soft sponge, and safely store after use. Avoid cutting into bones, frozen foods, hard fruit pits.
Recommended cutting surface: wood, rubberized boards and high-end composites, and quality plastics such as polyethene make acceptable cutting surfaces, and will help protect and prolong knife’s edge. AVOID glass, metal, countertops, and other rigid, non-forgiving surfaces.
We recommend sharpening all quality Japanese knives on whetstones, as we believe they yield the best results for your knives.